Friday, December 02, 2016

straighforward quilt top

Welcome to finish it up Friday!

This is such a busy time of year, isn't it? I feel like I am not getting anything done, but I actually am. The problem is that my "to-do" list is just ridiculous. Anyone else in the same boat? I don't know how to fix it, but at least I know what the problem is! That's half the battle, right?

Anyway, on to a few finishes.... :)
I finished a quilt top this week! I'm calling it the straightforward quilt. It's simple, quick, and it allows pretty fabric to shine. What else do you need? The rectangles are cut 3 1/2" x 9 1/2". I love this color combination! It feels great to be sewing up my stash! This will be a charity quilt for A Mother's Hope.
I also finished up a few more pincushions this morning. The tops were sitting on my sewing table for a few weeks now. It feels good to turn them into finished objects! Those little red circles are hand appliqued and rustic at best. After stitching this one, I threw out the remaining circles that I had been saving for years. There are plenty of other scraps to use! Ha! These pincushions are scrap project #188.

Moody lighting in the photos brought to you by the gloomy December weather. :)

Now, it's your turn! Do you have a finish to share today? If so, please link up. It's good to celebrate finishes! Thank you for joining me for finish it up Friday! Hope you have a lovely weekend.
 

22 comments:

Jill Fisher said...

That's a beautiful palette you have chosen for your quilt. It doesn't need to be complicated when your fabrics are *just right*.

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

Amanda, it looks great! Your pincushions are super cute, always. Hope you can get some rest over the weekend!

Karen said...

I love your quilt. I make many like this using jelly rolls. They are very popular with my family.

Sandra Walker said...

Only because I read your last oh 3 or 4 posts in a row just now, I think you have wrongly numbered your two adorable pincushions as scrap project #188. They should be #189 because your threadcatcher made with scraps from that WONDERFUL pillow you made over your holiday weekend was #188 :-) You absolutely amaze me with your scraps and how many scrap projects you do. btw love the coffee ornament; think I feel a couple of those in my near future!

Leanne Parsons said...

I love the quilt top...the greys really make it feel elegant. The circle pincushion is fun too :) Thanks for hosting again this week!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

That dotty red pincushion is adorable! Probably one of my favorites :)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Sometimes simple is the best way to let some lovely fabrics shine. Great quilt top! I also totally understand the way too long to-do list. It will be so satisfying to get a few more finishes in by the end of the year.

Little Quiltsong said...

What a great and beautiful scrap buster. I'm am in need of that. Thank you sharing!

karen said...

Did I read that right? You, the queen of using every itty bitty bit, threw out fabric? Wow. Welcome to the dark side. :)

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Great pincushions.

Julie Bagamary said...

Nice pin cushions and the color combo on the quilt top is so serene.

Sherrill said...

LOVE Straightforward! Those are so nice for charity quilts--might hafta do one of those but probably not til I finish up a few of the bazillion I've already started! LOL

FlashinScissors said...

Great pincushions! I can't believe you threw out scraps! Tee hee!
Very sensible, you can have too many scraps!
x

Christine Slaughter said...

Love the quilt top! I was just looking at a bundle of fabric that I'm not thrilled with anymore and thought I should at least make a simple quilt out of it to donate. You've got me inspired with this top you've finished!!

beth s said...

I'm inspired to make a charity quilt. Love yours!

rossana said...

That quilt has great color appeal to me. Nicely done as usual.

Suzanne said...

I love the idea of using some scraps and tossing the rest. Indeed. It can happen, so sayeth the queen of small scraps!

I wonder if you would share if the quilt top was sewn together with the rectangles in a random order or where they strategically placed

Hugs and happy finishes.

Unknown said...

Awesome color combination for this quilt. Love it!

Unknown said...

I really like this quilt top. It is pleasing to the eye and has simple beauty. I have always thought to make a quilt similar to it----time to get busy and just do it.

MissPat said...

You threw out some circle scraps? Is the sky falling. OMG. I really need to do some simple quilts like this one for next year's charity quilts. I certainly have enough stash for them.

Unknown said...

Love the simple looks great Amanda, Lyn

Jaye said...

I definitely feel like you do. Too many projects going on. Even though I am sewing I feel like I am getting nothing done. I missed tour linky but wanted to share a small finish:http://www.artquiltmaker.com/blog/2016/12/finished-coral/