Saturday, June 02, 2007

what's going on

Thanks for all the comments on my quilt. Wow! You all know how to make a girl's day. By the way, did you know that Murphy's Oil Soap will get grease stains out of a new quilt? Valuable information to know, if you ask me. Yes, my sewing machine left grease spots on the white parts of the quilt. Thankfully the quilt shop owner that I have recently befriended shared that helpful tip with me.

We have had an exciting day here. Our kitty laid babies, as my four year old says. (Isn't that cute?) This is one of the 5 little ones that were born this morning. We got to watch part of the birth process, and the boys were so excited. The kittens are so little and their cries are so cute.

Beyond that, things have been crazy around here, as you can tell by my lack of posting. Our house has been on the market for 12 days. That should tell you how much stress we are experiencing in this household. No real showings yet, but hopefully soon.

This morning we re-did some of the landscaping in the front of our house. My husband and I don't do yard work together, if we can help it. It was not fun. It looks better than it did yesterday, but still it's not impressive. Our lawn needs lots of help, but at least now the landscaping is weed free.

I have been doing a lot of sewing, but not much crafting.
I set my sewing machine up in my garage and have been sewing patches on shirts for my side job. This is what I have been doing in between house projects. I have 7 rubbermaid tubs full of uniforms to sew. The boys have been playing outside while I sew and my husband is trying to finish siding the shed. The girl sits in the stroller and reads books.

I have my very own sweat shop. It's nice to sew outside for this huge project rather than secluded in my craft room. I told my husband that the garage would make a great craft room. Somehow he didn't buy that idea. Can you imagine?

13 comments:

lera said...

You have had a very exciting past few days. New kitties. Wow.

Your landscaping looks nice.

sulu-design said...

Your house is on the market, you're landscaping, patching up uniforms, quilting, and on top of that, you have five new kittens?!? You deserve a day at a spa when all of this is through.

Mama Urchin said...

The arrival of kittens while the house is on the market - that could really send you over the edge.

Linda said...

Since when did you get a kitty? The babies are so cute, just wait until they are a few weeks old and they start getting into things! They are so funny, especially when they are little.

Your landscaping looks nice! I enjoyed doing my front yard, but it was no picnic, that's for sure. I took this year off, not doing much of any of that this year. I might move a few exsting plants to a new location. They were a little too close to my willow bush which is getting huge already this year:).

Good luck with getting your house sold. It will happen.

Anina said...

Kittens! I still remember seeing our cat give birth to kittens when I was about 10. It was an amazing experience.
You certainly are busy.
Good luck on getting the house sold. I hope it happens quickly. Keeping a house neat all the time and being ready to evacuate at the drop of a hat is no fun, I know.

Anonymous said...

you have been busy! Good luck with the house selling :) Enjoy your temporary "sweatshop" :)

Heidijayhawk said...

iabsolutely think that selling a house is one of the most stressful things ever! love your mini sweatshop! my hubby wouldn't let me take over the garage either. and we even have swell windows in the garage!

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

What nubs! How exciting to have new kittens!

Anonymous said...

oh, we've been thinking about getting a kitten. wish i could see yours in person!

Roxanne said...

Ooh! So cute!! Your landscaping looks great! We are in the middle of doing some of that ourselves - yuck! It is so much work! Selling houses is so stressful. I hope it happens quickly!

beki said...

Sounds like busy times around there! How nice to be able to sew outside. Down here it's just too darned hot! I'd live to be able to set up shop somwhere other than my sewing room.

Katherine said...

Oh how exciting! Your kids will be enthralled for some time watching those kitties grow and change.

Had to laugh when you said you thought setting up a craft room in the garage would be a good thing... yet your hubby didn't quite see it that way. I would love to have more space for my own sewing and crafting. I use the dining room in the cold months and then I move to the basement for the heat of the summer. It's a shared space no matter what and at some point I'd like to have a large area just for creating in. Someday....

The Calico Cat said...

Meow...

My retired breeder gets upset when she hears meowing on the TV - it must remind her of her babies. :o(

My husband thinks I make up these feelings for her... & that she deosn't even notice...